Looking for a more relaxed wedding day look but don’t want to give up your classic bridal dreams? You’re in luck! Casual wedding dresses can have just as much fun and detail as those with all the glitz and glam. The difference is in how those details are incorporated into the design! If you’re all about a laid-back wedding day look, these casual designer wedding dresses from Stella York, Essense of Australia, Martina Liana and All Who Wander were born to please.
What Is a Casual Wedding Dress?
A casual wedding gown is comfortable, stylish and easy to wear. They usually have breathable and lightweight fabrics. The best casual wedding dresses are those that require little maintenance or extra care. Look for simple silhouettes in soft fabrics. A silk slip wedding dress or A-line skirt will look great on every body type, and they’re easy to move around in! If you need some extra coverage while still keeping things light and airy, try a simple dress with sleeves; these styles are both extremely flattering while still giving off that casual vibe you love.
Tips for Choosing a Casual Wedding Dress
When choosing a casual bridal gown, keep these tips in mind:
- Comfortability: Comfort plays a big role in casual styles. Make sure that whatever dress you choose is one that will make you feel beautiful but still relaxed enough to enjoy yourself fully throughout the day—and night!
- Style: Choosing an informal wedding dress does not mean you have to sacrifice style! Talk to your bridal stylist about your vision, and they can help you find a dream dress that fits your personality and style.
- Feel: Most importantly, consider how you feel in the dress. At the end of the day, it’s most important to pick a dress that makes you look and feel like your most beautiful self!
Also, don’t forget to consider the wedding venue! For brides wanting to wear casual wedding dresses, there are some beautiful venues that can complement your style. A few options include nature, such as at a beach, local park, garden or backyard. For the modern bride, a casual wedding dress will look stunning at a chic courthouse wedding ceremony or downtown elopement.
Casual Wedding Dresses
Casual Beach Wedding Gown
Stella York Style 7479 is a casual fit-and-flare wedding dress for the bride who isn’t afraid of a little sparkle. A shimmery, sequined lace and beaded bodice give way to a fit-and-flare skirt, while the plunging neckline, delicate spaghetti straps and low back detail of this dress create an elegant look. The frothy tulle skirt, which flows down the body, adds a touch of luxury to an otherwise simple and romantic ensemble.
Plus Size Casual Wedding Dress
Embrace the one-of-a-kind style captured in Essense of Australia Style D3529, a whimsical yet casual wedding dress with sheer off-the-shoulder sleeves and natural vine leaf appliques. This flattering plus size wedding dress has a sweetheart neckline and an embroidered bodice for a subtle boho effect. Delicate organza florets placed artfully on the fitted bodice cascade down the flared A-line tulle skirt, which is finished with a simple romantic train.
Long Sleeve Casual Wedding Dress
Modern romance meets trending simplicity with this long sleeve casual wedding dress. Featuring a delicate A-line silhouette with draped layers of chiffon, this casual gown is both timeless and ethereal. The minimalist details on Essense of Australia Style D3636, like the notched plunging neckline and soft pleating around the bodice, elevate this clean and simple dress to a new level. The blouson sleeves are detachable and can also be worn strapless for a two-in-one look, and the gown’s sweeping train makes for a dramatic finish.
Simple Casual Wedding Gown
For refined minimalism with a modern twist, meet Essense of Australia Style D3460. This classic A-line wedding dress is the epitome of casual meets Old Hollywood for today’s bride. Wide-set straps, side cutouts with illusion tulle and chic pockets create a clean look that is stylish and fashion-forward. The skirt is subtly voluminous and has a striking slit down the side of the dress that gives this gown a jaw-dropping moment as you walk down the aisle.
Casual Boho Wedding Dress
The All Who Wander north gown is bohemian romance at its finest. This casual wedding dress style proves you can have texture while still being informal. Complete with beautiful lace floral appliques, a flattering square neckline and wide-set straps —this gown will look stunning on nearly any bride. The linear lines and slit details add a hint of sexiness that complement the dress’s flirty appeal, while the vintage-inspired fishnet and tulle skirt create fun and frothy movement with every step.
Accessories to Wear and Style with a Casual Wedding Dress
If you’re looking to add some sophistication to a casual wedding dress, it’s as simple as adding a few accessories:
- Jewelry: Pick a piece or two that adds a little sparkle. A pair of dainty earrings or a simple family heirloom necklace will add just the right amount of detail without going overboard or causing too much of a distraction from the rest of your look.
- Veil: Simple wedding dresses may not need a wedding veil, but it can add an elegant touch to your wedding day look! There are numerous veil styles available for brides who do not wish to wear a formal long veil. You can opt for a short veil that goes to your shoulders or fingertips. There’s also the vintage-inspired birdcage veil for the vintage-inspired brides.
- Shoes: Depending on the venue and how casual the look is, brides may want to stick with a chic pointy flat, sneakers or sandals, especially if you plan on dancing the night away. A small kitten heel can also work well if you want to add a bit of height. It all comes down to personal preference with shoes!
Whether your style is romantic, boho,a little glam, or you’re jetting off to a stunning destination to say “I do,” there’s an easy-going, ready-to-wear style just for you! Are you ready to find your dreamy casual wedding dress? Visit a retailer near you!