Whether you’re having 10 girls in your bridal party or just your maid of honor, shopping for bridesmaid dresses can be stressful! With so many option in not only colors but fabrics and silhouettes, the task can seem daunting. But fear not, brides! We’ve collected our best tips for bridesmaid shopping so you can avoid the stress and pop the champs.
- Color, color, COLOR – First things first, pick a color palette. Whether you go with something moody and warm like burgundy and crimson, or bright and glam like metallic gold, remember that your bridesmaid dresses should be in the same color tones as the rest of your wedding theme.
- Silhouettes – Are you having every girl wear the same dress or are you letting them pick their own dress in your chosen color? Consider a short dress for summer or an informal wedding, but chose more formal fabrics like satin or Soft English Net in long skirts for a more upscale wedding. If you want each ‘maid to feel comfortable and pick their own dress, pick out a fabric and color and let them choose which neckline they want. Remember, no two bodies will look the same in one dress so be sensitive to your friends insecurities and figures. Off-the-shoulder sleeves done in different ways is a great compromise.
- Be up front about the budget – Don’t be afraid to have an honest conversation with your gals about what they can afford. You know from experience that weddings can get expensive very quickly, so understanding what your friends are comfortable paying will ease everyone’s stress levels.
- Get professionally measured – Different brands and styles fit differently and to avoid too many costly alterations, stress the importance of having a professional measure your bride tribe for a near perfect fit. Make sure your maids know to order an extra long hem if they are taller than 5’8”.
- Dresses look different in person than online – Shopping online can seem like the easy way out, but in reality, colors and fit look different online than they do in person. Know that you should always go for quality over quantity. Shopping in person at bridal stores is the best bet. This way, you can see what the dress will look like on your girls and how it will look next to your dress.
Remember, while making your bridal party happy is important, this is your wedding and what your think and love matters the most! Your friends are there to stand by your side and encourage your marriage, no matter what you’re wearing.