We’re kind of obsessed with the mix-and-match bridal party trend that’s happening right now. From different silhouettes in the same fabrics to completely different dresses in one color palette, mix-and-match is having a moment, and we’re not mad about it! If you’re thinking about trying this gorgeous trend at your wedding but unsure of how to keep the look cohesive, well ladies, we’re here to help.
- Color – Think same color, different dresses. Choosing a color palette, or simply one solid color for your ‘maids will help your girls look cohesive and stylish. If you’re going for a blush color palette, for example, give your ‘maids specific colors that you think match, or even your choice of different dresses in your choice of colors. This way, all your bridesmaids can choose a silhouette that flatters them!
- Shoes – Have your friends wear the same shoes, or the same style of shoes to tie the mix-and-match bridal party look together. Keep in mind the length of their dresses and the season when choosing.
- Pick one designer – If you want your bridal party to have a more uniform look, try choosing dresses from one designer. Most designers have a variety of dresses within the same color family in different fabrics and silhouettes for you to choose from.
- Hair and makeup – Everyone has different taste and different hairstyles and textures, but having your bridal party wear their hair in a similar way is a great way to create a polished look. All up or down, curled or braided, adds a cohesive element to your bridesmaids.
- Accessories – Gift your bridesmaids a necklace or pair of earrings they can wear for the ceremony that doubles as a way to tie their looks together. It is a simple way to make your bridesmaids’ styles similar.
Now for some inspiration! Whether you want completely different dresses on each bridesmaid, or just different silhouettes in the same fabric and color, Sorella Vita has what you’re after!