In today’s YouTube era of beautiful young influencers with fresh skin and stunning faces applying a tortuous amount of unnecessary product, I’m going against the current beauty grain and posting my favourite makeup application- the No Makeup Look. This could quite possibly land me on the beauty hit list! Cue red laser between my eyes lol..
Walking around looking like you have been FACETUNED daily would be pretty nice, but as reality would have it, unless you have at minimum 2 hours every day to slave away on your makeup and beauty routine or you are an A-list celebrity with access to every perfecting beauty treatment known to man or you were born a Brazilian supermodel, it’s probably not OUR reality!
Time is precious. We have to play with the cards we have been dealt. So to achieve a Royal beauty Flush, let’s make the best of what we have in the shortest possible time.
Remember the goal is to look like you were born with it..so less is more. Your application is important here for this look. Sanitised fingers are perfect for quick blending and setting product.
SO LET’S GET STARTED!
- Apply sunscreen. Make sure it is not too oily. I like a Dry Touch or an oil free one.
- Using a small stipple brush, lightly apply Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue which is the best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer…with a 215% increase in skin hydration after just one week of use! If you are super oily or slick, try using an oil-free tinted moisturizer like Nars Pure Radiant oil-free tinted moisturizer.
- Lightly conceal with a small synthetic flat brush targeted areas such as the very corners and under the eyes, around the nose and mouth and also the chin. Best no makeup concealers – there’s a few – try Clinique airbrush concealer, Amazing concealer, By Terry Terrybly Densiliss concealer or Rimmel Lasting Finish Breathable concealer (which has a fluffy blending sponge one end)
- Remove any excess oil or product with Premium care natural Bamboo and Charcoal Facial blotting papers. This will help with less makeup creasing around the eyes, on the lids and the T-zone. My MUST HAVE beauty product for spring and summer!
- Lightly dust with Becca’s brightening powder. Then brush out your brows.
- Apply with your fingers, a cream eyeshadow such as Fiona Stiles or Charlotte Tilbury and blend out.
- With a large fluffy brush lightly buff a bronzer gently across your nose, cheeks and to the outside of your face for a soft sun-kissed and healthy glow.
- Add a cream blush softly to the apples of your cheeks blending back towards your hairline. I sometimes add a touch of oily sunscreen as a highlighter to my cheekbones. No sparkle and makes your skin look like it is healthy and bright.
- Curl lashes; apply one coat of brown mascara. Add a copper brown pencil to the inner upper rims of your lashes.
- Add a slick of Neutrogena Revitalising Lip balm SPF 20 in Petal Glow.