Lips are having their fashion moment right now, with some not quite as wearable for your special day as we’d like. Glitter lips, two-toned lips, Blurred lip line lips, lined lips with no lipstick, metallic lips and loud lips that are all being seen and heard loud and clear. Fortunately, for your special day, we have decided to tone things down and take you through to your I Do’s and beyond!
A lipstick tells a story, one about you and one of beauty, this is especially true of the lipstick you wear on your special day. It’s a powerful stamp of individuality. No one ever talks about blush or their foundation like they talk about their lipstick colours right? Thinking right back to when I started makeup I found myself asking my clients to bring along their favourite lipstick to our appointment, it told me so much about them and it’s my belief that if you get a women’s lipstick colour wrong, she won’t like her makeup. You all know what I’m talking about. Its transformative power is undeniable.
10 Best Lipsticks to Keep After the First Kiss
So in no particular order, check these classics, cult status and totally delicious lipsticks that will rock your world long after your I Do…
- Charlotte Tilbury’s ” Very Victoria” is a very sexy rosy taupe that walks the line of sexy and modern neutral. “Bond Girl and Walk of shame” give a rosier healthier tone to your lips without being overbearing. Think Anne Hathaway flushed lips … so divine!
- Rimmel’s Long lasting lipstick in “Bordeaux” this is now on Amazon until it sells out, my absolute favourite berry wine colour that every time it’s applied gets a “what’s the name of that?” Run don’t walk…
- Tom Fords “Spanish Pink” is a delicious nude pink that adds a sultry lift to your complexion which not all nudes can claim to do.
- Kylie Cosmetics Kween Kylie knows a thing or two about lips. I’m going to cheat here and give you 3 hot hues that will have your pout perennially perfect- “High Maintenance”, “Nova Matte lipstick, Bare Velvet w coconut lip liner – these must-have hues work on everyone and are next-gen cool.
- Pat McGrath’s “Flesh Fantasy” lip gloss. This luscious pink beige is a universally flattering gloss that makes natural lips high impact and swoon-worthy. Mother’s “Bronze Temptation” heats up summer skin and makes you shimmer and shine.
- Nars ” Rikugien” is a satin lip pencil that glides on easily which is perfect for touch-ups and the colour is fashion-forward and rich sitting in between a rose and a pink. A perfect colour from the office to dinner.
- Mac “Ruby Woo” is a powerful red that has hit cult status and is perfect for those who like their lipstick to do all the talking!
- Clinique “Black Honey” is another cult favourite. This deep sheer plum works beautifully on almost everyone! The Almost Lipstick gives a deep sheer blackened violet hue that transforms you with a modern and slightly edgy pout.
- Dior’s Rouge lipstick in “Ultra Kiss” is a sexy warm coral that spices things up. It highlights your lips in a very wearable way. A millennial take on coral which is fun and flirty with a serious edge. Their Lip Tattoo 761 Natural Cherry is a light but long-lasting formula in a cool dark cherry hue.
- LA Girl Matte Flat Lipstick in “Sweet Revenge” is the prettiest baby pink that sweetens your lips and adds life to your pout. The best thing about this product is the thrill that such a cute colour high-quality lippie comes at an insanely low price!