Today’s bridal hair inspiration of the modern bride is quite a world away from the hair requests of those who said “I Do!” before her. Long gone are those smoothed, polished and crispy styles that looked severe and in my humble opinion a little “too done” that it sometimes made the wearer look older than she actually was. Today’s chic bride embraces romantic, loose, soft and elegantly undone mermaid braids. Pinterest is full of beautiful and dreamy pin’s that represents every bride and her romantic bridal hairstyle inspiration. So whether you wear this twisted crown style this holiday season or just need a little inspiration for your upcoming wedding, this simple to achieve look will have all eyes on you as the mane attraction.
Here is all you will need to achieve your magical mermaid mane:
19mm and/or 25mm curling wand
1″ or 1.5″ curling iron
Regular & large bobby pins
Paddle brush (not a smoothing brush)
Medium round brush
Volumizing Spray: Oribe Volumista
Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo
Working Hairspray: Oribe Superfine Hairspray or Redken Fashion Work 12
Redken Wax Blast 10
Let’s get to work!
1. To damp hair add Oribe Volumista volumising spray to the roots of your hair and using your medium round brush, blow-dry the product through from the roots to the ends, with a lifting motion at the roots.
2. Once dry, add a small amount of dry shampoo lightly throughout the hair. I find it makes the hair fuller.
3. Using your curling wand or iron, curling away from the face-add curls. Do not separate them until later.
4. Once your hair is entirely curled, using your paddle brush lightly brush out the curl. Then spray through Oribe Dry Texturizing spray while loosening the curls from the roots.
5. Take a 2inch section of hair at least 3 inches back from your hairline. Separate that piece into two pieces and braid it by adding a small piece of hair from your head as you work your way down to the end.
6. Hold the end of the braid and pull at the braid lightly to add texture, shape and fullness. Pin at the back of your head underneath your hair.
7. Then repeat that with the piece of hair at the front of your head, however leave a small 1 inch part of your fringe out to add romance and softness to your style. Pin around to meet the first braid underneath your hair.
8. Once secured, loosen the braids at the roots around your crown to keep it textured and add some height and fullness.
9. Lightly fix with a superfine hairspray while lifting the hair and lightly misting throughout the hair.
10. Spritz the ends with Wax Blast and softly twist them to hold the ends together.