Fall is my favourite time of the year for makeup. Trends are always beautiful with a touch of attitude and boldness. Deep, moody, intense and vampy lip colours set your pulse racing. Think blackened cherries, cherry red, burgundy wine, deep plums, burnt siennas, copper metallics. Autumn’s palette can be as subtle or as bold as you dare. A champagne wedding gown with a luscious plum lip is so heavenly. This season is anything but boring when you are searching for your perfect wedding makeup looks. It’s the perfect time to say ‘I Do’ – leaves are falling, the temperature is divine and your wedding photos will be magical with yellowing leaves mixed with reds and burnt oranges all around.
How to apply these fall favourites:
1. Always prep your lips with a light exfoliant or a warm soft face washer to remove any dry skin. A soft toothbrush will also work.
2. Apply a balm like Honest Beauty’s Magic Balm to soften and moisturise.
3. Pat the balm to make sure it’s soft not too wet.
4. Line the lips with a deep lip pencil like MAC NIGHTMOTH if you want more drama or try MAC’s SPICE or SOAR
5. Have a little fun with your lips this fall and apply at least 2 colours -one deeper than the other. It gives a multidimensional but truly kissable effect.
6. With a deeper bolder lip, less is always more on your eyes. Fresh skin and subtle eyes are your best looks with this fall’s trends.
7. If bold is too intense for your big day, use the same colour palette and dab it onto your lips for a more subdued but on trend look.
Here are my top 5 lip colours for the season that you will fall head over heels for! Leave a comment below and tell me your favourite Fall lipsticks-I’d love to know!
1. Urban Decay Vice lipstick in Conspiracy (Metallized)
There are over 100 shades in 6 finishes! It’s definitely my mission to own them all. There are more than two handfuls of perfect fall shades in this collection, however my heart skips a beat for Conspiracy a copper metallic. Flatline______CLEAR! You’re back! This color gives you life!
2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Glastonbury
A luminous, edgy, easy wearing long lasting matte lipstick that is for the sultry and the fearless! A cool, modern, vampy shade that has depth and luxe matte colour. This shade lets your lippie do the talking. If it’s too bold, blot it back with a tissue or just dab a little colour on your lips to the desired depth.
3. Rimmel London Lipstick in Bordeux 124
I have loved this colour for many years! It is a colour that is always in multiples in my kit-it often had to be gifted to clients or models begging for it. Rich, bold, luxe, sumptuous and oh so sexy, this red burgundy shade looks delicious on everyone! I know you will love this as much as I do!
4. Dior Rouge Dior 962 POISON matte
You might have already seen the gorgeous Bella Hadid in the Dior Ad wearing this sexy and very wearable medium purple hue. It’s effortlessly chic with minimal makeup and works well with all skin tones. A fresh take for a modern Fall bride.
5. Nars Audacious lipstick – MONA
This luxe burnt sienna looks amazing on most skins and its creamy formula feels amazing and performs excellently. Its toffee effect on darker skin tones is perfection. It’s sensational on redheads and I love this with a warm eye or a golden moss shadow and copper rimmed eyes. It’s wearable day and night. It’s unbelievably versatile. This colour has fall written all over your lips!