Honestly, maybe one of the most fun things you get to do once you get married is register for gifts. It’s not just about receiving gifts you’ve only ever dreamed of owning, it’s starting a collection of things that represent your life together with your new spouse. Even if you’ve lived together before getting married, or have most of what you already need, there’s always something to register for. So queue the shopping montage and let’s get shopping!
- Wine Glasses – Call us suckers for barware but we think some Olivia Pope style glasses are just what you need to kick off wine and movie nights with your beau – or when the honeymoon phase is winding down and you need a few girls’ night in! We especially love these long stems and very chic and bubble bowl shape of these from Crate & Barrel.
- A Luxurious Throw – Anything in the name of being cozy! We LOVE and I mean LOVE this faux fur throw from Pottery Barn. Not only is it so snuggly and warm, but stylistically, it’ll make your new home together so very chic.
- Instant Pot – Remember when little kids used to freak out over one particular toy at Christmas and parents would go nuts trying to buy the hottest toy? Well, that’s how we feel about Instant Pots. You need one. Trust us, for quick and easy meals, this thing is a lifesaver!
- KitchenAid Mixer – One of our editors here at PHL once joked that having a KitchenAid Mixer is the ultimate status symbol. For better or worse these things are the workhorse of kitchens.
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven – If you don’t already have one of these, let us just ask, how and why have you managed with it?! Seriously, this is a favorite here at PHL simply because this pot is so versatile and will last you forever. We’re all around fans of cooking with cast iron and if you’re going to get just one piece of equipment for your new life together, let it be the Le Creuset Dutch Oven.
- Bedding – Chances are he’s sleeping in something either his mom thoughtfully purchased for him or something he still owns from college and you’re sleeping in a duvet cover that might be too feminine for his tastes. Bedding can be expensive and honestly, not very fun to buy for yourself so go ahead and have someone else buy it for you. We’re fans of this one from West Elm that will be easy to clean and in style for years to come.
- Dyson Vacuum – Again, not the sexiest thing you can get for your wedding but very necessary! Remember, this is a tool that will last you a very long time and is worth the investment.
- Dishes – Throw out your Ikea plates and get yourself some grown-up dishware! Something simple and durable that will stand the test of time is what you’re after. We love these from Pottery Barn because they are stone glazed dishes that come in a 16-piece set and are handcrafted.
- Garment Steamer – Yes, we did mean to include this for one simple reason, it is one of the best and most useful gifts this editor has ever received. You won’t know what you didn’t without it once you have it!
- Tupperware – Married life is all about learning and one of the things you learn is portion control for two – and that takes time! So while there’s leftovers left and right, you’ll need a good set of Tupperware. Personal fav: Rubbermaid. Test timed and grandma approved, Rubbermaid Tupperware comes in so many shapes and sizes for all your food storage needs.
And there you have it! The top 10 items you need to register for as a couple. Your wallet – and hall closet – can thank us later! For more ideas and inspiration, follow us on Pinterest!