As a bride, you are the star of your wedding day. It just makes sense that your name should be in lights. Marquee lights are a dual-purpose bright wedding trend of the moment. They serve as mood lighting and beautiful, vintage-inspired decoration. Below you’ll learn tips to integrate the wedding trend of marquee lights into your big night.
How to use marquee lights.
Whether a single focal point or a gallery grouping, you can use marquee lights to spell out your new shared last name, each of your first names, your initials, a symbol, or a message of love. They’re perfect for pictures, engagement parties, and receptions.
Where to buy marquee lights.
As a top wedding trend, marquee lights can be quite pricey. If you’re not going to reuse your marquee wedding lights to decorate your home after the reception, you can rent them, or make them yourself. Robeson Design and Brit + Co. have great wedding DIY marquee light tutorials.
Where to rent marquee lights.
- Scott Coppersmith Designs offers 10-day rentals starting at $100.
- Pro Lighting Rental offers 21” marquee lights in sheet metal. Three marquee lights start at $147.
- Unplugged Light and Event Rentals offers a 5-foot glossy white LOVE sign for rent. Visit their website for information on pricing.
5 tips on choosing marquee lights for your wedding day.
- When it comes to marquee lights for your wedding, a white or clear cable works best for blending with your existing decor.
- Choose LED marquee bulbs warm white. They offer a warm glow, rather than a harsh light. Traditional bulbs get hot, fast. LED lights stays cool to the touch, reducing fire hazards. They’re also cheaper than traditional filament bulbs.
- Order your marquee lights far enough in advance of your wedding day. Allow time for delivery, returns and alterations.
- Work out the details of electricity with your wedding vendor.
- Decide on your budget before your buy. Then google your options. Just like any decor, wedding marquee signs come in lots of shapes, colors and prices.