These days with Pinterest and a multitude of bridal blogs as a quick and easy reference, it’s easier than ever to save money and have your own DIY wedding and wedding reception. Here’s 15 ways to have a DIY Wedding as grand as any professionally planned – and costly – wedding day.
1. Make your save the dates– Set the theme for your wedding with a special save the date for your guests.
2. Make Your Wedding Program– Find a chalkboard, put it in a cute frame, and write out your program.
3. Make Your Own Band– Hire local college or high school band students to play during the ceremony and wedding reception.
4. Make Your Own Favors– Have a fun way for your guests to toast you off with DIY Push Up Confetti Poppers.
5. Make Your Own Floral Centerpieces– Pick your favorite flowers and find an easy flower tutorial for your centerpieces.
6. Make Your Own Wedding Invitations– You can either download free fonts, templates, or you can buy invites and do most of the work on your own. This will make your invites more personal and from the heart.
7. Make Your Own Drink Bar– Have a signature drink to make it fun, and buy the alcohol from a wholesale club or discount store. Then ask a friend or neighbor to be the bartender.
8. Make Your Own Photo Booth– Hire a professional to take the pictures of the the couple and then make a photo booth for fun and quirky pictures of all the guests.
9. Make Your Own Wedding Venue– Go to a local park or a friend’s backyard and set up the area with lots of candles, a pergola, and DIY flower centerpieces.
10. Make Your Own Wedding Cake– Cakes can cost hundreds of dollars. Instead, find one you like and practice, practice, practice, until you have it perfect for your wedding day – plus, you get to eat all the practice cakes!
11. Make Your Own Dessert Bar– Instead of a cake, make up a dessert bar of your favorite sweets for all your guests to enjoy.
12. Make Your Own Guest Book– Come up with a clever way for your guests to sign their name and a way in which you will always remember everyone that helped you celebrate your special day.
13. Make Your Own Table Numbers– Try these moss DIY table numbers to bring in a seasonal element and special touch of nature to your wedding.
14. Make Your Own Place Cards– Use feathers and glitter to add some dazzle to your place cards.
15. Make Your Own Music– Download your favorite songs onto your iPod, rent some equipment, and enjoy the night dancing away.
With just a little bit of creativity it’s easier than ever to save money with a DIY wedding and wedding reception. Gather your family and friends together and have them help with some of your projects – you’ll save hundreds of dollars and still have the time of your life!